Inclusive Leadership – Your competitive advantage?
A thought-provoking, immersive and action-focused workshop designed to support business leaders attract, recruit and engage a diverse workforce.
Purpose for CEO’s & Business Leaders:
In the current economic climate, leveraging talent is a crucial ingredient for today’s business success. It is more important than ever for business leaders to embrace diversity, challenge unconscious bias and move towards conscious inclusion through daily leadership practice. There are global benefits to inclusion and adopting a culture of inclusive leadership will enable you to attract and recruit diverse talent and engage and retain employees, resulting in increased productivity and profit.
Key Points Covered:
- Unconscious bias
- Defining diversity & inclusion
- Embracing the benefits of diversity & Inclusion
- Exploring Inclusive Leadership in Practice
- Psychological safety
- Defining Diversity and Inclusion
- An overview of the ‘9 protected characteristics’
- Acknowledge our own circle of trust
- Identifying our own implicit biases and why they make us human
- Recognising what unconscious bias is and how it affects us
- Highlighting the global benefits to a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Identifying how to make the shift to conscious inclusion in practice
- Defining Psychological Safety and how it supports Diversity & Inclusion
Value & Takeaways:
By the end of this session, attendees will have acknowledged their biases and have methods to move beyond them, ensuring they maximise opportunities for attracting, recruiting, engaging and retaining skilled talent in their businesses, now and in the future.
In addition, they will have practical tools and ideas to implement immediately in their businesses to ensure everyone is valued for their contribution, regardless of their differences. This will enable them to increase innovation and productivity which is designed to positively impact profitability.
The possibilities are endless with this session, but I’d hope for the following:
- Changes in the attraction and the recruitment process (i.e. gender-neutral language, competency and value-focused interview structures)
- Facilitating team meetings differently to include everyone
- Proactively discussing promotion/additional responsibilities through extending circle of trust
- Instigating a culture of psychological safety
- Being mindful of own actions and language and adopting a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination or ‘exclusion’
Added May 2019.